Happy December Warriors!
From Halloween and Thanksgiving to Christmas through to New Year Eve… Most people have a house full of candy, cookies, cakes and pies.
These quick and healthy superfood bite recipes will fix your pumpkin or chocolate cravings… and since they are packed with superfoods like pepitas, chia seeds, collegen, chocolate, walnuts and raw honey, it boost your immune system and provide sustainable energy too 🙂
NO crash and burn that you’d get from a donut and coffee.
These superfood balls took me about 15 minutes to make and will be my go-to “fast food” breakfast, afternoon snack or evening dessert for the entire week (along with matcha latte or green tea in the morning or an herbal tea or golden milk in the evening).
PUMPKIN PIE SUPERFOOD BITES
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Sunwarrior vanilla protein
- 2 Tablespoons Collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons raw Pepitas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cacoa nibs
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 – 3 drops ginger essential oil (optional)
Optional topping: 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon all spice
Simply combine all ingredients. Add a little extra almond butter or honey if needed for the right consistency and texture. Roll into balls, refrigerate and most importantly Roll balls in mixture of coconut sugar and all spice. ENJOY! Wonderful with a Golden Milk.
CHOCOLATE ORANGE SPICE BITES
- 1 cup walnuts
- 6 medjool dates, pitten and soaked in water until soft, drained
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 cup collagen
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 T Sunwarrior vanilla protein
- pink Himalayan sea salt
- 4 – 5 drops ginger essential oil or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 4 – 5 drops On Guard essential oil or 1 teaspoon all spice
- 4 – 5 drops wild orange essential oil or 1 T lemon grated orange rind
Use a high speed blender (I love my Vitamix) or food processor to combine all ingredients until smooth and sticky. Roll into bite-sized balls. Refrigerate and enjoy with a Yerba Mate or Matcha tea for sustainable energy!
Find Your Flexible Warrior!
I’m very excited to announce the Flexible Warrior Yoga, Superfood & Self Care membership which gives you FREE access to my online programs including the January Jump Start to help you kick off the new year on the right foot. These programs are perfect for runners, busy moms and athletes looking to…
- increase energy
- recover faster
- improve flexibility & core strength
- boost immunity
- reduce stress
- decrease cravings
- enjoy accountability from like-minded Flexible Warrior community